Non-profit organisations rely on donations to fund their important work, whether it’s supporting communities, protecting the environment, or helping those in need. With so many worthy causes out there, it’s more important than ever for non-profits to stand out and convince potential donors to choose them. And one way to do that is through great website design and user experience (UX).
First things first, what is UX? Essentially, it’s about how easy and enjoyable it is for someone to use your website. This includes factors like navigation, layout, and content. Great UX means that someone can easily find what they’re looking for and complete a task, like making a donation, without frustration.
So why is UX so important for non-profits? Well, for one, it can help increase donations. If someone visits your website and can’t find the donation button or has a hard time filling out the form, they’re less likely to follow through with a donation. On the other hand, a smooth and intuitive website will make it more likely for someone to complete the donation process and even consider becoming a repeat donor.
But beyond just increasing donations, good UX can also help with branding and trust. A well-designed website reflects positively on your organisation and shows that you care about the user experience. This can help build trust with potential donors and show that you’re a professional and reliable organisation.
So how can you improve the UX of your non-profit’s website? Read on for our top tips.
Non profit donations with great website design and UX
- Make it easy to donate: Donors should be able to quickly and easily make a donation on your website. This means having a prominent “Donate” button on your homepage and throughout your website, as well as a simple and secure donation form.
- Show the impact of donations: Donors want to know where their money is going and how it will make a difference. Clearly communicate the impact of donations on your website, whether through statistics, stories, or videos.
- Use compelling images and videos: Visuals are a powerful way to connect with donors and convey your message. Use high-quality photos and videos to showcase your work and inspire people to give.
- Tell your story: People are more likely to donate to organisations they feel connected to. Use your website to tell the story of your non profit, highlighting your mission, values, and the people you serve.
- Make it mobile-friendly: With more and more people accessing the internet on their phones, it’s essential to have a website that looks great and is easy to use on mobile devices.
- Use clear and compelling headlines: Headlines are the first thing visitors will see when they land on your website, so make sure they grab attention and clearly communicate your message.
- Use calls to action: Encourage visitors to take action by using calls to action, such as “Donate Now” or “Sign Up for Our Newsletter.”
- Make it easy to navigate: A cluttered or confusing website will turn off potential donors. Use clear headings, subheadings, and bullet points to make it easy for people to find what they’re looking for.
- Optimise for search engines: By using keywords and phrases that people are searching for, you can increase the chances of your website showing up in search results. This will make it easier for people to find and donate to your non profit.
- Test it out: It’s always a good idea to test your website with a small group of people to see how they interact with it. This can help you identify any issues or areas for improvement.
By following these tips and putting user experience at the forefront of your website design, you can help increase non-profit donations and build trust with potential donors. It’s a win-win for your organisation and the important work you do.